|07-23-2012, 12:55 PM||#1|
I R Happy Goat
Join Date: May 2002
Power Pwn: This DARPA-funded power strip will hack your network
from zdnet.com ........... The Power Pwn may look like a power strip, but it's actually a DARPA-funded hacking tool for launching remotely-activated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet attacks. If you see one around the office, make sure to ask if it's supposed to be there.
The Power Pwn may look like an ordinary power strip, maybe with an included surge protector, but it's far from it. Network administrators and IT staff in general need to be wary of this one: it can do much more than meets the eye.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency ( DARPA )'s Cyber Fast Track program helped funded the development of the Power Pwn. Pwnie Express , which developed the $1,295 gizmo, says it's "a fully-integrated enterprise-class penetration testing platform." That's great, but the company also notes its "ingenious form-factor" (again, look at the above picture) and "highly-integrated/modular hardware design," which to me translates to: it's the perfect tool for hacking a corporate network.
So what do you get after you drop more than a grand for the device? Check out the list of features:
It's something "you can just plug in and do a full-scale penetration test from start to finish," Pwnie Express CEO Dave Porcello told Wired . "The enterprise can use stuff like this to do testing more often and more cheaply than they’re doing it right now."
He also said 90 percent of the company's clients are commercial or federal organizations. What's the other 10 percent? That's what you should be worried about.
The good news is you still have time to get the word out. The Power Pwn is currently available for pre-order, but its estimated ship date is September 30, 2012.
"There is also a river called Helikon [in Pieria]. (...) But, they go on to say, the women who killed Orpheus wished to wash off in it the blood-stains, and thereat the River sank underground, so as not to lend its waters to cleanse manslaughter."
—Pausanias, Description of Greece 9. 30. 8
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|ONS power core/power nodes link issues NEWB NEEDS HELP||dougdashwitz||UT2K3/UT2K4 Level Design||4||11-23-2006 09:24 AM|
|Urine Power!||freshie||News Radio||8||08-24-2005 10:25 AM|
|Now you can buy a power nap for $14||radio667||News Radio||2||07-12-2004 12:59 PM|
|How to hack a network in nine easy steps||radio667||Hardware / Software Troubleshooting||0||03-30-2004 08:00 AM|
|Power Gems||Kindness||UT2K3/UT2K4 General Discussion||1||02-10-2003 02:47 PM|