|02-22-2006, 12:42 PM||#1|
I R Happy Goat
Join Date: May 2002
Winamp 5 Full 5.2
from winxpcentral.com .......... Winamp is an audio player that can handle audio CDs, MP3 audio files, and streaming audio broadcasts. It combines extensive functionality with an intuitive interface. Winamp features a playlist editor and a 10-band graphic equalizer with user-definable presets that can automatically load specific files. It also includes Windows Media Technology 4.0 input/output support and the industry-standard Fraunhofer MP3 decoder. This download no longer includes VIS/DSP plug-ins; you can download them separately.
Winampplays MPEG Layer 2 (MP2) and Layer 3 (MP3) audio streams and Windows Media Audio (WMA), and combines extensive functionality with an intuitive interface. Winamp 3 revamps the entire idea of a skinning system by allowing developers to add entirely brand-new functionality within their own skins
"There is also a river called Helikon [in Pieria]. (...) But, they go on to say, the women who killed Orpheus wished to wash off in it the blood-stains, and thereat the River sank underground, so as not to lend its waters to cleanse manslaughter."
—Pausanias, Description of Greece 9. 30. 8
|02-22-2006, 04:19 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: [GMT-5] U.S.A. EDT/EST
I'm still sticking with version 2.91, thank you.
|02-22-2006, 07:24 PM||#3|
Like, 20 percent cooler
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind the Companion Cube
Got a changelog?
K-Aus Crosshairs - Now with more gun-toting penguins!
[CSI Catherine] "I like hairy chests, but I'm not about to go out and bop a 6 foot weasel"
[Prof. Farnsworth] Help! Satan! You owe me!!
|02-22-2006, 07:28 PM||#4|
En Vino Veritas
* New: [ml_pmp] Synchronize your Media Library with your portable media player
Compatible with iPod, Creative, and Microsoft Plays For Sure devices
* New: [enc_aacplus] Coding Technologies aacPlus High Bitrate encoder available in Winamp Pro
* New: [enc_aacplus] Coding Technologies aacPlus (HE-AAC) in MP4 container
* New: [enc_aacplus] Coding Technologies LC-AAC encoder
* New: [gen_ml] icons in treeview
* New: [ml_online] Dynamic AJAX Internet Media Hub
* New: [in_nsv] Using Coding Technologies AAC playback within NSV container
* New: [in_mp3] gapless MP3 playback
* New: [installer] multi-user profile options
* New: [installer] remembers your previous installer settings
* New: [in_wave] in_wave 3.0
* New: right-to-left playlist display
* Improved: new ATF functions and tags, including:
$repeat(x, count) - creates a string with x repeated count times
$lpad() - same as $pad, but adds padding to the left
$decode(...) - switch/case function. example: $decode($fileext(%filename%),MP3,MPEG-1 Layer 3,MP4,MPEG-4 Container,Other)
$IfStrEqual(string1,string2,result) - if string1 and string2 are equal, displays result. case insensitive
$IfStrEqual2(string1,string2,result,else) - if string1 and string2 are equal, displays result, otherwise displays else. case insensitive
%folder% - top level folder name of the file
* Improved: Stereo beat visualization for modern skins
* Improved: [gen_ff] new vis modes available to skinners
* Improved: [gen_ml] CD drive info view (Rip & Burn)
* Improved: [gen_tray] gen_tray v1.0 (thanks DrO)
* Improved: [in_midi] provides metadata to media library
* Improved: [in_mod] provides metadata to media library
* Improved: [in_mp3] unicode id3 tags
* Improved: [in_mp3] preliminary id3v2.4 support
* Fixed: broken playlist sorting
* Fixed: playlist problems with multi-line tags (e.g. %comment%)
* Fixed: shuffle with only one song in playlist
* Fixed: ghost seek slider appears if Winamp loses focus during seeking
* Fixed: video options from video window right-click context menu
* Fixed: playlist winshade international character support
* Fixed: fullscreen video display international character support
* Fixed: m3u playlist handling security vulnerability (thanks to NSFOCUS and Information Risk Management Plc)
* Fixed: [enc_lame] bit reservoir
* Fixed: [enc_lame] cutoff of last frame
* Fixed: [gen_ff] regions on components don't work
* Fixed: [gen_ff] playlist & video focus bug
* Fixed: [gen_ff] playlist winshade memory leak
* Fixed: [gen_ff] GDI Object leak with Current Skin prefs page
* Fixed: [in_midi] not following winamp's title formatting options
* Fixed: [in_midi] reset button blocks further access to config
* Fixed: [in_mod] not following winamp's title formatting options
* Fixed: [in_mp3] incorrect version identification (showed 5.18 in 5.12)
* Fixed: [in_mp3] incorrect information shown for AAC+ files
* Fixed: [in_mp3] reading incorrect id3 comment tag
* Fixed: [in_mp3] sometimes failing to read last id3 frame
* Fixed: [in_mp3] id3v2 album art loss when editing tags
* Fixed: [in_mp4] loss of album art when modifying metadata
* Fixed: [in_vorbis] not following winamp's title formatting options
* Fixed: [in_vorbis] registry usage (now multi-user profile safe)
* Fixed: [in_wave] 32bit floating point WAV playback distortion
* Fixed: [in_wm] changes made with Attribute Editor not updating in ML/Playlist
* Fixed: [vis_milk] missing files from distro (you can stop bugging us now, Rovastar
* Fixed: [vis_milk] 100% cpu usage when paused
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] DrO's Jump To File Extension 0.97
* Updated: [enc_lame] LAME 3.97b2
* Updated: [gen_ff] libpng 1.2.8
* Updated: [gen_ff] FreeType 2.1.10
* Updated: [enc_aacplus] Coding Technologies aacPlus encoder v7.2.0a
talk about a big update!
also the media library looks different
|02-22-2006, 07:50 PM||#5|
Duck and cover...
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm around...
Kindly enough though, Dorko... They have 2 modes on the newer ones... Classic, for older machines, and the new stuff... Much more powerful.
The classic is a small exe, while the newer stuff does take more...
Also note, that they fix a couple of huge security holes found in older versions... Specifically around the playlist functionality.
|02-22-2006, 09:44 PM||#6|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: [GMT-5] U.S.A. EDT/EST
MIDI? Module (S3M, XM, IT, etc.)? 2.x Input plug-in support?
|02-23-2006, 09:27 AM||#8|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Far away from the sun.
man, I must have completely missed version 4.
I loved 2, hated 3 and have been using random stuff ever since.
Maybe I'll check version 5 out.
Shoot to kill, aim to please.
First to join Club Mathlete!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|