06-04-2006, 04:55 PM
So' i need some player starts wwhich aren't assocaited bt the objectives.
Do i just put in triggered playerstarts as per normal?
06-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Well, the OSMObjectiveManager is handling progressive starts in an OSM SinglePlayer game like this:
- TriggeredPlayerStarts are used so they can be toggled.
- Groups of TriggeredPlayerStarts are used together (maybe 3 in a group per Objective), all given the same Tag for reference by the OSMObjectiveManager.
- The OSMObjectiveManager is given the Tag of the beginning PlayerStart group by the mapper as BeginPlayerStartTag.
- The player begins the match by spawning at the only "available" or active PlayerStarts: the group at the beginning of the adventure.
- Once an Objective is reached the OSMObjectiveManager gets the signal and toggles the PlayersStarts associated with that Objective ON, then toggles the previously active PlayerStarts OFF, by knowing which PlayerStart group begins the adventure or by remembering the last PlayerStart group it turned on.
- Now if the player dies, it will respawn at any "available" or active PlayerStarts. Assumming the progressive starts have been set up, this will keep the player respawning at the point of the last Objective they achieved.
So if you use a group of PlayerStarts outside the progressive start system, there is a chance (a good chance) that they will be chosen randomly to respawn the player, because they are always "available". Alongside the normal progressive start system, this could be confusing, jarring or frustrating. Alternately, you can always just do without the progressive start system in your map by not giving your OSMObjectiveManager any PlayerStartTags. This may be what you want, but just make sure your players won't be frustrated by having to start away from the last Objective they achieved. To do this, just use normal PlayerStarts.
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.