View Full Version : Ctf - Bridge
04-22-2002, 06:18 AM
I've just posted a map called ctf - bridge (i'm gonna change the name), its in a very early beta stages. I was wondering if anyone would try it out and tell me what i could do to make it better! Don't tell me that the look is too boring cuz i know that :) but its still in the very early stages, i'd be grateful if anyone would look at it and post any suggestions for improvement!?!? :) Thanx
04-22-2002, 06:25 AM
I'll try and check it out tonight (Monday).
04-22-2002, 09:35 AM
I like the theme and the lay out is not that bad, but I do see one major problem with it. Return path you only have one way out of the Flagroom this is going to make it hard for each team to cap the flag. I did only play for short time last night, I will try it a little more tonight and post some more details later.
04-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Ok I checked out the map and it isn't bad. There are a few problems though...
1) When I tried to install it I had to replace another map called bridge, so there is one out there (probably a few actually, so I would rename it).
2) The lens flares get annoying, maybe turn them down a bit or change the texture. Outside the coronas are way annoying, they look out of place too. The hinder gameplay when there are so many like that blocking the view at times.
3) There are 2 routes out of the base if you are FC, unlike what somebody said, though it is still too hard for the FC. The only real route I would ever probably use is the high route through the teleporter because the bottom takes you through all the spawn points and the slow doors...
4) The doors are too slow :) Especially if you think about somebody with the flag who has a billion defenders chasing him, he can't wait for the door to open to get out, he dead. I would speed up those doors a lot and put a collision trigger out in front to start opening the door when the person is near the door, not when the person "bumps" the door.
5) The map is going to be a spamfest, if that is what you want, then cool, but if not, then you need some more drastic changes. Having a huge open area with no cover means everybody is going to stand outside hurling everything they have at the other side, with little to no strategy or gameplay involved. I personally dislike spam maps but many like them, so if that is where you want the map then it is on track.
04-24-2002, 06:47 PM
the lava looks bad. scale the texture bigger. it helps a lot and is easy to do.
coronas are nice, but i think there are too many on the sides of the bridge. they just blur together into fog.
the door textures dont fit well with the rest of the map. i think something else would look better.
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.